Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Writing & Research Tool: AllExperts

Hello Everyone!

Today my post is again going to focus on Writing Tools.

Over the years, as I've scoured the internet while doing research for certain aspects of my manuscript, I've often run into the dilemma of finding not-so-accurate information.  Thankfully, being a great researcher and always retrieving my information from more than one source (more than three, most times), I am quick to realize the information is sometimes not all that trustworthy.

Although I am a great researcher, I must say that my work has been cut down drastically by one specific tool in general.  I don't use it for everything, though I could, but I use it for the important questions I want answered by an expert source.

The tool is called AllExperts, and it is a great source for any question you may have, writing related or not.  For instance... Yesterday, while writing on my new Urban Fantasy project, I ran into a few what I like to call "info blockades."  The main character of the project is a homicide detective, and while I am familiar with certain procedures dealing with homicide investigations (because of the plethora of crime dramas out there), my knowledge is still limited.  I wanted to guarantee that the facts I have in the book are absolutely correct, so I automatically knew to turn to this wonderful site.  I am still waiting for the question to be answered, but the wait time is typically only three days at most.

AllExperts is the oldest & largest free Q&A service on the Internet.  It is a compilation of various experts in a variety of fields.  Below is a screen-shot of the multitude of Categories, each of which can be broken into further Categories.


As you can see, the possibilities are endless.  Instead of trying to sort the accurate information from the rest of the fluff you come across, why not go directly to an expert for your questions?  Your readers will thank you!

Have a Great Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...