Saturday, February 18, 2012

Author Spotlight: Joseph Nassise

I will be honest... before Christmas Day of 2010, I had never heard of Joseph Nassise.

When I opened the present from Jeremiah, I just stared at it.  My face was blank, and I didn't say much as I read the words on the page in front of me: Rock Your Writing Career!  I read over the rest of the page, detailing Joe's career and success.  It highlighted his international best-sellers and his former office as the president of the Horror Writers Association (an office previously held by Stephen King).


I was impressed, to say the least, but I was skeptical of how a writer of horror could assist me.  It was anything but arrogance; I was downright humbled by the thought of the opportunity to receive one-on-one coaching from any author, let alone a best-selling one.  I just wondered if the two of us would be the right fit considering his writing background and my current project that involved (at the time) three languages and a vast enchanting land with its own majickal system.

Joe's coaching came with a free consultation to make sure that he was the right coach for me.  Turns out he was.  His sense of humor and his down-to-earth approach to coaching seemed perfect for me [not to mention, he is originally from New England, just like me, ayuh!].  After several months of guidance and a bit of editing, I felt comfortable that my manuscript was heading in the write, er... right direction.

In his own words (taken from his website)...

Meet Joe
I'm the author of more than a dozen novels, including the internationally bestselling Templar Chronicles (HERETIC, A SCREAM OF ANGELS, A TEAR IN THE SKY), the forthcoming Jeremiah Hunt trilogy (Eyes to See, King of the Dead, Watcher of the Ways) from Tor Books, the forthcoming Burke's Marauders series from Harper Voyager, and several books in the Rogue Angel action/adventure series from  Gold Eagle/Harlequin.
I'm also a former president of the Horror Writers Association, the world's largest organization of professional horror writers, a two time Bram Stoker Award and International Horror Guild Award nominee, and a life and creativity coach who likes working with people to get them to realize their full potential in life.
Born and raised in Boston, Massachusetts, I currently live with my wife, four children, six dogs, four cats and a pair of guinea pigs in Phoenix, Arizona.
*******
I have another confession... I have only read one of Joe's books, however, with that said, I will say that it is a must read.
Eyes to See
Eyes to See is a spine-chilling Urban Fantasy, interwoven with themes of the Paranormal and the Occult (full review to come in a later post).  I couldn't put it down, honestly.  I read it in less than a day's time, and I am eager for the second book in the trilogy to be released.

Please visit Joe's website/blog [here] to learn more about him and to view his entire bibliography.


Hope you enjoyed it!


1 comment:

  1. Great Blog! Can't wait to read more!

    So proud of you, Konoronhkwa!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...