Wednesday, June 19, 2013

They're Baaaaack!!!!



...No, not the Poltergeists. (On a side note, the old man at the end of that trailer is, to me at least, the scariest guy in all of horror films!)

A while back, Google announced that it was getting rid of Google Friend Connect.  Well, it did... sort of. Google got rid of the widget some time ago for new Blogger Accounts, but if you already had the widget on your blog, you were allowed to keep it.

Afraid that they were just eventually going to retire the widget altogether, I got rid of it. Deleted it from the blog.

I started using Facebook and Twitter instead as ways to track The Bearded Scribe's followers.  And while they do the job quite nicely, I noticed that I was the only one who had gotten rid of this widget. All the blogs that I follow still proudly display their followers with this nifty little widget, so I've decided to bring it back!

Of course, this was easier said than done!  How does one bring back the dead?  Well, I found a few Spells of code--some ancient sigils of HTML--that allowed me to do it, and now it's back!

Be sure to click the "Join this Site" button to the left, even if you're following via Facebook and/or Twitter!

Also, if you would like to receive post feeds directly into your email inbox, you can submit your email address to the left, too!


Happy Scribing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...